Friday, July 28, 2006

painting turns to real work


I have a complete set of these aluminum wheels anyone reconize them? I think they are american racing they have an A in the center cap. I think I am going to polish them up after a lot of sanding and smoothing on them that is...








after spending some time on the painting of my car, I started to think of the things I wanted to and needed to do to my car. So I made a list of everything I could think of and started to work on a few of the things I could do with just my effort. So I swaped the passenger seat from the 2002 to my little red 1600. I then cleaned out the trunk and removed the gas tank flushed it and put it back in. I took the electric fuel pump and the fuel gage float from my 2002 and installed them on my 1600. I found the trunk in very good shape no rust in there to worry about so I am happy. The rear bumper was loose, I removed it tightend up the bolts and saw that one of the brackets is bent and the bumper is a little tweeked, it will do for now. I am visualizing myself driving over to Monterey for the Historics Aug 18th. I have a lot more work to do but it is going to be fun.

No comments: